Graduate Research Assistant Position
Our Integrated Composites Laboratory (ICL) occasionally has Research Assistant Openings.
* The candidates should have at least one degree from Chemical Engineering or at least equivalent courses of Chemical Engineering if the degree is from other Majors.
* With solid training on Polymer Sciecne and Electrochemistry, those who are enthusiastic, ambitious and determined to develop excellent academic and industrial careers are particularly welcome.
Please forward any inquiry or your application packages (transcripts, copy of GRE, reference letters, etc.) directly to Professor Guo email@example.com for initial evaluation. For research area, please visit our website: composites.utk.edu
Undergraduate Research Assistant Positions Available
Our ICL has opening for undergraduate students to do research projects sponsored by the NSF-REU program. The student can either do a project independently under the guidance of Dr. Guo or a graduate student, or participate in a project led by a graduate student. Either way, the student will gain experience in polymer nanocomposite fabrication, characterization and applications. To carry out an independent project, the student is expected to work in the lab for about 8 hours per week for at least two semesters (spring and fall) and expected to attend weekly group meeting. After this training, the students should be able to present the scientific results in a national or international conference or even prepare for peer-reviewed Journal papers.
* U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (required by the funding agency)
* GPA > 3.2/4.0 * Major in Chemical Engineering, with a favorable consideration of Junior and Senior
* Hand-on Lab Experience
* Good Writing and Reporting Communication Skills
* Minorities and females are particularly encouraged to apply.
For inquiry or/and application for these positions, sent an email to Prof. Guo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-2933
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System