- Editor-in-Chief: Professor Guo was appointed to serve as the Editor-in-Chief of Advanced Composites and Hybrid Materials Journal published by Springer-Nature Publisher.
- New Book: Professor Guo together with Professor Kenan Song and Professor Chuntai Liu coedit the book "Polymer-based Multifunctional Nanocomposites.” to be published by Elsevier Publisher.
- June 18-23 2017, Professor Guo was invited to attend Singapore Materials Research Society conference and gave two invited keynote talks. Meanwhile, Professor Guo served two session chairs for this event. Thanks for the supports from the SMRS and the University of Tennessee.
- June 10, 2017, Dr. Xingru Yan received her green card (through EB1a petition). Congratulations.
- May 31, 2017 Dr. Jack Jiahua Zhu (our former Ph.D. student, currently a tenure-track Assistant Professor at University of Akron) received the prestigious ECS Electrodeposition Division Early Career Investigator Award. Congratulations!
- May 27, 2017 Mr. Hu Liu successfully passed his dissertation defense. Dr. Liu will take a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Zhengzhou University. Congratulations!
* December 08, 2016, Ms. Xingru Yan and Mr. Yiran Wang received their Ph.D. degree. Congratulations.
* November 01, 2016, Ms. Xingru Yan has successfully finished her Ph.D. dissertation defense and is expected to receive the degree in December. Congratulations.
- September 13, 2016, Mr. Yiran Wang has successfully finsihed his Ph.D. dissertation defense and is expected to receive the degree in December. Congratulations.
- September 11, 2016, Mr. Lingwan Li (Co-advised with Dr. Brian Edwards) and Mr. Tongming Su joined our group as exchange students, welcome.
News from Alumni
* Our recent Ph.D gradaute Dr. Xi Zhang (received Ph.D. diploma in May 2015) received her green card (through EB1a petition) and an offer from a Boral America company as a senior scientist. Congratulations!
* Dr. Qingliang He (received Ph.D. diploma in May 2015 and carried on one-year postdoctoral research) received green card (through EB1a petition) and an offer from a Chemtura company as a senior research chemist. Congratulations!
Invited Talks and Scientific Community Services
* Book editing: Professor Guo together with Professor Na Lu from Purdue University and Professor Yuan Chen from University of Sydney are invited to serve as editors for the scientific book entitled "Multifunctional Nanocomposites for Energy and Environmental Applications" to be co-published by Chinese Higher Education Press and John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
* To serve the Scientific Community, Professor Guo was inviteed to chair the "Metal and Metal Oxide Nanoparticles for Biological Applications" session in the "Bioinspired Metal Nanoparticles - Synthesis, Properties and Application" Symposium in the 2016 Materials Research Society (MRS) Spring Meeting, March 28 - April 1, 2016 in Phoenix, Arizona.
* To serve the Scientific Community, Professor Guo, Professor Jie Zheng from University of Akron and Professor Yuping Bao from University of Alabama were invited to serve as guest editors for one special issue themed "Smart Biomaterials and Biointerfaces" for Materials published in MDPI press.
* April 1, 2016, Professor Guo gave an invited talk "Self-Assembling Magnetic Nanostructures with Functional Polyolefins"in the Symposium "Bioinspired Metal Nanoparticles - Synthesis, Properties and Application" in the 2016 Materials Research Society (MRS) Spring Meeting.
* February 15, 2016, Professor Guo gave an invited talk "Multifunctional Polymer Matrix Nanocomposites toward Microwave Absorption" in the Symposium "Metal and Polymer Matrix Composites II: Polymer Matrix Composites" in the 2016 TMS Annual Meeting.
* February 23, 2016, Professor Guo gave an invited talk "Magnetic Polyolefin Matrix Nanocomposites with Multi-Functionalities" in the Symposium "Innovative Reinforcements of Polyolefins" in the 2016 International Polyolefins Conference.
* October 26 2015, Professor Guo was nominated as Associate Editor For RSC Advances. For possible contribution, please refer to the journal website or email email@example.com for more information.
* Fall 2015, New Members: Drs. Guan, Shan, Yang, Cai, Xie, and Qin joined us as visiting professors, Mr. Lyu, Liu and Yi joined as exchange students. Welcome to ICL.
* August 27 2015, Dr. Daowei Ding (one former Ph.D. student) received an offer from Johnson&Johnson, one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world as a research scientist. Congratulations!
* Invited talks:
Professor Guo was invited to give an invited talk in the "Metal and Polymer Matrix Composites" symposium of 145th ANNUAL MEETING & EXHIBITION TMS 2016 to be held in February 14 – 18, 2016 • Nashville, Tennessee. USA.
Professor Guo was invited to give an invited talk in the "Novel Design and Electrodeposition Modalities" symposium of the 228th ECS meeting to be held in Phonenix, AZ, October 11-15, 2015.
* Three recent graduates notched academic position as tenure-track Assistant Professor in different institutes: Dr. Bin Qiu (Beijing Forestry University), Dr. Dawei Jiang (Northeast Forestry University), and Dr. Huige Wei (Tianjin University of Science and Technology). Congratulations!
* July 21 2015, the paper “Strengthened Magnetoresistive Epoxy Nanocomposite Papers Derived from Synergistic Nanomagnetite-Carbon Nanofiber Nanohybrids” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Advanced Materials.
* July 15 2015 Keynote talk and Excellent presentation paper award
Professor Guo was invited to give a keynote in the Chinese Materials Sociecy Conference in Guiyang China and Ph.D. student Jiang Guo was awarded for the best poster presentation award.
* June 18 2015, the paper “Transparent anhydride-cured epoxy nanocomposites reinforced with polyaniline stabilized nanosilica” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Journal of Materials Chemistry C.
* June 17 2015, the paper “Novel Selective Desoldering Separation of Tin-lead Alloy for Dismantling of Electronic Components from Printed Circuit Boards” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering.
* June 15 2015, the paper “Shear-induced interfacial sheath structure in isotactic polypropylene/glass fiber composites” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Polymer.
* May 21 2015, the paper “Polymer Nanocomposites for Energy Storage, Energy Saving and Anticorrosion” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Journal of Materials Chemistry A.
* April 27 2015, the paper “Chromium(III) Oxide Carbon Nanocomposites Lithium-ion Battery Anodes with Enhanced Energy Conversion Performance” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Chemical Engineering Journal.
* April 20 2015, the paper “Electropolymerized Polypyrrole Nanocomposites with Cobalt Oxide Coated on Carbon Paper for Electrochemical Energy Storage” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Polymer.
* April 9 2015, the paper “Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes Composited with Palladium Nanocatalysts for Highly Efficient Ethanol Oxidation” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of the Electrochemical Society.
* April 6 2015, Professor Guo gave an invited Departmental seminar in Chemistry Department at the Central Michigan University.
* April 6 2015, Our ICL labs have been renovated and moved to Dougherty Engineering Bldg Rooms 607 and 604.
* March 20 2015, the paper “ Cr(VI) removal by magnetic carbon nanocomposites derived from cellulose at different carbonization temperatures” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Materials Chemistry A.
* February 26 2015, the paper “ Electrically Conductive Polypropylene Nanocomposites with Negative Permittivity at Low Carbon Nanotube Loading Levels” has been accepted for publicaiton in the ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.
* February 25 2015, the paper “ Dielectric properties and magnetoresistance behavior of polyaniline coated carbon fabrics” has been accepted for publicaiton in the Journal of Materials Chemistry C.
* February 24 2015, Professor Guo gave an invited talk "Polypropylene Nanocomposites toward Microwave Absorption and Flame Retardation in the "Polyolefins in Durable Applications" Symposium in the 2015 SPE International Polyolefins Conference.
* February 19 2015, Professor Guo gave an invited Departmental seminar in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Department at the University of Connecticut.
* January 16 2015, Integrated Composites Laboratory at Lamar University has been moved to UTK and temporarily located in Dougherty Engineering Room 329.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-2933
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System